Greenend and Braidcraft farms on the Pollok Estate, c 1830. The ruins of Crookston Castle are in the distance, top right.
This watercolour is one of a series painted by an unknown artist working for the Maxwell family. The paintings depict different landscapes and buildings on the estate, which was owned by the Maxwells.
Greenend Farm was in Pollok, to the west of the footbridge over the River Levern near Glenside Avenue. Braidcraft farm was nearby and gave its name to Braidcraft Road.
Reproduced with the permission of the National Trust for Scotland
Braidcraft Farm, castles, Crookston Castle, farmhouses, farms, fields, Greenend Farm, landscapes, Pollok Estate, watercolours