Photographer Renzo Mazzolini produced an impression of dynamic movement in this image, for Glasgow Caledonian University's annual report for 1998. The centrepiece is the University's new Health Building at the City Campus, opened in November of that year.
Glasgow Caledonian University was formed on 1 April 1993 with the merger of The Queen's College, Glasgow, and Glasgow Polytechnic. Initially the University possessed three campuses - that of the former Polytechnic which was named City Campus, that of the former Queen's College named Park Campus (sold to the University of Glasgow in January 2001) and the buildings leased by Queen's College adjacent to Jordanhill College of Education and named Southbrae Campus (this closed in 1998).
By 2002 the University had 15,000 students and 1,500 staff, concentrated in the City Campus. It has established a distinctive identity, serving a wide range of client groups and with a strong emphasis on lifelong learning.
Reference: GB 1847 GCU
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow Caledonian University, Research Collections, Archives
City Campus, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow Polytechnic, Health Building, lifelong learning, Park Campus, Queen's College, Southbrae Campus, students