The newly-named Queen's College, Glasgow, with the new Calder wing (right) completed in 1975. The Calder wing was named after Miss Juliann M Calder, College Principal, 1963-1976. The Burnbank Bowling Club's bowling green is in the foreground.
In March 1975, its centenary year, Glasgow and West of Scotland College of Domestic Science received the Royal accolade and was renamed The Queen's College, Glasgow. Queen Elizabeth had been its patron since 1944.
In 1976 the Council for National Academic Awards (CNAA) approved the College's first degree course, a BSc in Dietetics, which was provided in collaboration with Paisley College of Technology. Over the next few years several teaching schools were transferred to the College, including the Orthoptics School, the Radiography School, the Glasgow School of Chiropody and the Glasgow School of Occupational Therapy. Further degree courses were established as a result of this expansion.
Reference: GB 1847 QC
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow Caledonian University, Research Collections, Archives
bowling greens, Burnbank Bowling Club, Calder wing, CNAA, colleges, Council for National Academic Awards, degree courses, dietetics, Dough School, Glasgow and West of Scotland College of Domestic Science, Glasgow School of Chiropody, Glasgow School of Occupational Therapy, Orthoptics School, Queen's College, Radiography School