The Riverboat Casino on the Broomielaw, 2003. In the background (right of centre) is the distinctive, domed Clyde Navigation Trust Building of 1886 and (left) No 1 Atlantic Quay (1990).
The casino was designed by Crerar & Partners and opened in 1996. The building is clearly influenced by the design of the great Clyde passenger liners of the 1920s and 1930s, and its spectacular neon signs have become popular features on the after-dark face of the city. Ceramics from the old Britannia and Verreville Potteries were uncovered during excavations on the site.
Reproduced with the permission of Ian Anderson
Casinos, Clyde Navigation Trust Building, Clydeport, Clydeside Walkway, Crerar & Partners, gambling, neon signs, No 1 Atlantic Quay, River Clyde, Riverboat Casino