The whisky firm Greenlees Brothers' head office at 12 Hanover Street, next to the General Post Office, c 1890. The firm was founded in 1871 by Samuel and James Greenlees, sons of an Argyllshire distiller.
Fifteen clerks worked in the counting house in the Glasgow office under the beady eye of the firm's general manager, William Hume. The partners' room, sales room, samples room and other offices were also located here.
Reproduced courtesy of Iain Russell
distillers, Greenlees Brothers, offices, Scotch whisky, whisky blenders, whisky companies