The entrance to the Glasgow warehouse of the Scotch whisky firm Greenlees Brothers, c 1890. The warehouse was located in Osborne Street under twenty-two arches of the viaduct which carried the Glasgow & South Western Railway lines to St Enoch Station.
The illustration shows suction pumps at work under the watchful eye of the Excise officer, filling vats in adjoining areas of the warehouse from casks of whisky brought to Glasgow from the firm's Hazelburn Distillery in Campbeltown.
Reproduced courtesy of Iain Russell
casks, Customs and Excise, Excise officers, filling stores, Greenlees Brothers, Hazelburn Distillery, railway viaducts, Scotch whisky, suction pumps, viaduct arches