The Glasgow Bonding Co's bonded warehouses on Duke Street, 1952.
The Glasgow Bonding Co was founded in 1937 and became one of Glasgow's leading whisky blending and bottling businesses. The firm warehoused, blended and bottled its own brands there and did the same for customers such as Chivas Brothers. The latter firm was acquired by the Canadian company Seagram in 1949 and switched the blending and bottling of its famous Chivas Regal brand from Aberdeen to Glasgow.
Reference: Chivas Brothers Archives
Reproduced courtesy of Chivas Brothers Ltd
blending, bonded warehouses, bottling, Chivas Brothers, Chivas Regal, Glasgow Bonding Co, Scotch whisky