Kelvingrove Park, 1955, with the Stewart Memorial Fountain in the foreground and the University of Glasgow's Gilbert Scott building in the distance.
In 1955 Partick Camera Club set out to create a photographic survey of Glasgow. As the project progressed, other camera clubs joined and each was allocated a district of the city to photograph. Glasgow Museums exhibited the photographs at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum and at the People's Place, and in 1956 the exhibition was shown at the Palace of Art in Bellahouston Park. The photographs are now part of Glasgow Museums' collections.
Reference: 1005.97.311 / OG.1955.121.
Reproduced with the permission of the Partick Camera Club
fountains, Glasgow Photographic Survey 1955, Kelvingrove Park, parks, Stewart Memorial Fountain, towers, trees, University of Glasgow buildings