The view looking east along Dumbarton Road to Partick Cross, photographed by Alf Daniel, 1955.
Several women are inspecting the latest ladies' fashions in Walker's of Partick's window display, left. Next to Walker's is the entrance to Partick Cross Underground Station (subsequently renamed Kelvinhall).
In 1955 Partick Camera Club set out to create a photographic survey of Glasgow. As the project progressed, other camera clubs joined and each was allocated a district of the city to photograph. Glasgow Museums exhibited the photographs at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum and at the People's Place, and in 1956 the exhibition was shown at the Palace of Art in Bellahouston Park. The photographs are now part of Glasgow Museums' collections.
Reference: 1005.97.267 / OG.1955.121.
Reproduced with the permission of Partick Camera Club
buses, fashions, Glasgow District Subway, Glasgow Photographic Survey 1955, Glasgow Underground, Kelvinhall Underground Station, motor cars, Partick Cross Underground Station, shops, streetscenes, tenements, trams, Walker's of Partick, women