Army married quarters in Lowther Terrace, off Great Western Road in Kelvinside, 1955. The five-storey block of flats was built for the Ministry of Defence in the 1950s. The building is faced with concrete panels.
In 1955 Partick Camera Club set out to create a photographic survey of Glasgow. As the project progressed, other camera clubs joined and each was allocated a district of the city to photograph. Glasgow Museums exhibited the photographs at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum and at the People's Place, and in 1956 the exhibition was shown at the Palace of Art in Bellahouston Park. The photographs are now part of Glasgow Museums' collections.
Reference: 1005.97.232 / OG.1955.121.
Reproduced with the permission of the Partick Camera Club
army married quarters, flats, Glasgow Photographic Survey 1955, Ministry of Defence