Linnview Avenue in Simshill, 1955.
The tree-lined Avenue leads south from Old Castle Road in Cathcart, past Linn Park (right), and was a popular Sunday afternoon walk.
In 1955 Partick Camera Club set out to create a photographic survey of Glasgow. As the project progressed, other camera clubs joined and each was allocated a district of the city to photograph. Glasgow Museums exhibited the photographs at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum and at the People's Place, and in 1956 the exhibition was shown at the Palace of Art in Bellahouston Park. The photographs are now part of Glasgow Museums' collections.
Reference: 1005.97.206 / OG.1955.121.
Reproduced with the permission of the Partick Camera Club
country lanes, Glasgow Photographic Survey 1955, Linn Park, parks, promenading, strolling, trees, women