The Clyde at Glasgow Green, 1955.
Small rowing boats are moored in the foreground, while rowing crews can be seen training on the river. The Hutchesontown tenements in the background were demolished in the 1960s.
In 1955 Partick Camera Club set out to create a photographic survey of Glasgow. As the project progressed, other camera clubs joined and each was allocated a district of the city to photograph. Glasgow Museums exhibited the photographs at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum and at the People's Place, and in 1956 the exhibition was shown at the Palace of Art in Bellahouston Park. The photographs are now part of Glasgow Museums' collections.
Reference: 1005.97.200 / OG.1955.121.
Reproduced with the permission of the Partick Camera Club
Glasgow Photographic Survey 1955, River Clyde, rowing boats, tenements