An eye-catching display of advertisements on the side of the Clyde Cold Storage Co's building, above the New Bridge Garage in Clyde Place, 1955.
In 1955 Partick Camera Club set out to create a photographic survey of Glasgow. As the project progressed, other camera clubs joined and each was allocated a district of the city to photograph. Glasgow Museums exhibited the photographs at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum and at the People's Place, and in 1956 the exhibition was shown at the Palace of Art in Bellahouston Park. The photographs are now part of Glasgow Museums' collections.
Reference: 1005.97.152 / OG.1955.121.
Reproduced with the permission of the Partick Camera Club
advertisements, Clyde Cold Storage Co, gable ends, garages, Glasgow Photographic Survey 1955, New Bridge Garage, posters