A woman and two children crossing the Quarter Mile Bridge in Robroyston, 1955.
Robroyston Station was opened by the Caledonian Railway Co on the former Glasgow, Garnkirk & Coatbridge Railway in 1896. The bridge was built to enable passengers from nearby Millerston to cross to and from the station, which was closed by British Railways in 1956.
In 1955 Partick Camera Club set out to create a photographic survey of Glasgow. As the project progressed, other camera clubs joined and each was allocated a district of the city to photograph. Glasgow Museums exhibited the photographs at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum and at the People's Place, and in 1956 the exhibition was shown at the Palace of Art in Bellahouston Park. The photographs are now part of Glasgow Museums' collections.
Reference: 1005.97.81 / OG.1955.121.
Reproduced with the permission of the Partick Camera Club
Caledonian Railway Co, children, Glasgow Photographic Survey 1955, Glasgow, Garnkirk & Coatbridge Railway, Quarter Mile Bridge: Partick Camera Club, railway bridges, railway stations, Robroyston Station