Looking south-east from the roof of Meadowside Granary, 1955.
Across the river, the Fairfield Shipyard is to the right and the cranes of Harland & Wolff's yard can be seen up-river to the left of this view. Ships lie tied up at Meadowside Quay in the foreground.
In 1955 Partick Camera Club set out to create a photographic survey of Glasgow. As the project progressed, other camera clubs joined and each was allocated a district of the city to photograph. Glasgow Museums exhibited the photographs at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum and at the People's Place, and in 1956 the exhibition was shown at the Palace of Art in Bellahouston Park. The photographs are now part of Glasgow Museums' collections.
Reference: 1005.97.44 / OG.1955.121.
Reproduced with the permission of the Partick Camera Club
cranes, Fairfield Shipbuilding & Engineering Co, Fairfield Shipyard, Glasgow Harbour, Glasgow Photographic Survey 1955, granaries, Harland & Wolff, Meadowside Granary, Meadowside Quay, River Clyde, shipbuilding, ships, shipyards, workshops