Lord Provost Andrew Hood and his valet J C Craig at the City Chambers, 1955.
The Lord Provost is resplendent in his formal robes and chain of office, as his valet adds the final touches. Andrew Hood was Lord Provost from 1955 to 1958.
In 1955 Partick Camera Club set out to create a photographic survey of Glasgow. As the project progressed, other camera clubs joined and each was allocated a district of the city to photograph. Glasgow Museums exhibited the photographs at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum and at the People's Place, and in 1956 the exhibition was shown at the Palace of Art in Bellahouston Park. The photographs are now part of Glasgow Museums' collections.
Reference: 1005.97.41 / OG.1955.121.
Reproduced with the permission of the Partick Camera Club
chains of office, fireplaces, Glasgow City Chambers, Glasgow Photographic Survey 1955, Lord Provosts, robes, valets