Safely berthed: ships on the Clyde, 1955.
The photograph shows ships berthed along Meadowside Quay, which was built by the Clyde Navigation Trust 1908-1912. Meadowside Granary (demolished 2002) is in the background, left.
In 1955 Partick Camera Club set out to create a photographic survey of Glasgow. As the project progressed, other camera clubs joined and each was allocated a district of the city to photograph. Glasgow Museums exhibited the photographs at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum and at the People's Place, and in 1956 the exhibition was shown at the Palace of Art in Bellahouston Park. The photographs are now part of Glasgow Museums' collections.
Reference: 1005.97.7 / OG.1955.121.
Reproduced with the permission of Partick Camera Club
cargo ships, Glasgow Photographic Survey 1955, granaries, lifeboats, Meadowside Granary, Meadowside Quay, quays, River Clyde