Charles Frank's photographic shop in the Saltmarket.
Frank was born in Vilkomir in Lithuania around 1865 and later emigrated to Glasgow. In 1910 he opened a shop at 67 Saltmarket, where he made and sold photographic, optical and mechanical and electrical appliances. He later added scientific instruments to his stock. The Saltmarket shop continued after Frank's death in 1959 until it closed in 1970, but branches in Queen Street and Royal Exchange Square remained open.
Reproduced with the permission of the Scottish Jewish Archives Centre
camera makers, electrical appliances, immigrants, Jews, Lithuanians, postcards, shops