Glasgow International Exhibition 1901 by an unknown artist and printed by Maclure, McDonald & Co.
Maclure, McDonald & Co was a Glasgow-based chain of engravers and lithographic printers founded in 1835. This colour print was intended to capitalise on the market for souvenirs related to the highly-successful International Exhibition in 1901, and presents the view from the east.
The University of Glasgow stands on Gilmorehill, to the right. Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum is in the centre. The golden domes of the Eastern Palace dominate the scene to the left. The River Kelvin meanders through Kelvingrove Park in the foreground.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
art galleries, bridges, Eastern Palace, engravers, exhibitions, fountains, International Exhibition, 1901, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Kelvingrove Park, landscapes, lithographic printers, Maclure, McDonald & Co, museums, panoramas, parks, Prince of Wales Bridge, River Kelvin, University of Glasgow