Bishop's Castle Ruins by Hugh William Williams (1773-1829), 1812.
Williams shows the ruins of the Great Tower and other buildings of incorporated in the medieval Bishop's Castle. The ruins were completely removed in 1792 and the new Glasgow Royal Infirmary was built on the site. A black and white version of this image, made by James Brown in 1848, can also be found on this website.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
Bishop's Castle, Bishop's Palace, castles, dogs, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Great Tower, ruins, towers