Perspective view of the City of Glasgow in the County of Clydesdale engraved for the Complete English Traveller, 1750.
This coloured engraving is very similar view to that made by Slezer in 1693. The arches of Glasgow Bridge (demolished 1847) are on the left crossing the River Clyde. The Merchants' Steeple (built 1665) stands tall on the north bank of the river, while other steeples can be seen in the distance to the right. The Molendinar Burn flows into the river just right of centre, separating the Skinners' Green (left) from the Linnings Haugh.
Uncultivated land and neat fields cover the area in the foreground, to the east of the old Gorbals village.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
bridges, burns, Complete English Traveller, dogs, engravings, fields, fishing, Glasgow Bridge, Glasgow Green, Linnings Haugh, Merchants' Steeple, Molendinar Burn, panoramas, Perspective view of the City of Glasgow in the County of Clydesdale, River Clyde, rowing boats, sailing ships, Skinners' Green, steeples, streams