Glasgow Cathedral from the north east, mid-19th century. The western towers had been removed in 1846 and 1848.
The Bridge of Sighs (built 1833) can be seen to the left, spanning the Molendinar Ravine to connect the Cathedral with the Necropolis. Another graveyard lies to the north of the cathedral. In the foreground, two women rest side by side.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
Bridge of Sighs, bridges, cemeteries, church spires, Glasgow Cathedral, graveyards, Molendinar Ravine, Necropolis, towers, women