A round box with an image of Glasgow Green painted on the lid, early 19th century.
In the centre are a number of women and children gathered under a tree. Behind them are rowing boats on the River Clyde and the Stockwell Bridge, and the Justiciary Buildings (completed in 1814) stand in front of the Merchants' Steeple. To the right of the tree there is the Humane Society House (1795) and the Nelson Monument (1806). The steeple of St Andrew's Parish Church can be seen on the far right.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
boxes, children, Glasgow Green, Humane Society House, Justiciary Buildings, Merchants' Steeple, Nelson Monument, parks, River Clyde, St Andrew's Parish Church, Stockwell Bridge, tenements, women