A drum which belonged to the 1st Glasgow Company of the Boys' Brigade.
The 1st Glasgow Company was established by William Alexander Smith (1854-1914) in Woodside Mission Hall in 1883. It was the first company of the Boys' Brigade, and originally consisted of just three officers and twenty-eight boys. Smith became the Secretary of the BB in 1888 and the youth organisation spread across the world. The BB has nearly 500,000 members in more than sixty countries at the beginning of the 21st century.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
1st Glasgow Company, BB, Boys' Brigade, drums, music, Woodside Mission Hall