Argyll Motor cars en route to a railway goods yard from the car factory in Hozier Street in Bridgeton, 1905.
The Hozier Engineering Co was founded by Alexander Govan and W A Smith in 1899 to make motor cars under the brand name Argyll. The cars were a success and the company soon outgrew the original premises in Bridgeton. In 1905 the business relocated to a purpose-built factory in Alexandria.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
Argyll Motor Cars, horses and carts, Hozier Engineering Co, motor car factories, motor cars