The offices of the London, Midland & Scottish Railway Co's College Goods Station in the High Street, c 1920s. High Street Goods Station, built in 1904 for the North British Railway Co, is further north at the corner of Duke Street.
College Goods Station was built in the mid-1870s by the City of Glasgow Union Railway Co on the site of the University of Glasgow's Old College. The Glasgow & South Western Railway acquired the station in 1896 and the G&SWR was absorbed in the new LM&S in 1923.
After nationalisation in 1948 the station was operated by British Rail. It was closed twenty years later. At the beginning of the 21st century the site is occupied by College Business Park.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
British Railways, business parks, CGUR, City of Glasgow Union Railway Co, College Business Park, College Goods Station, G&SWR, Glasgow & South Western Railway Co, High Street Goods Station, LM&S, London Midland & Scottish Railway Co, NBR, North British Railway Co, police officers, policemen, railway goods stations, railway stations, streetscenes, University of Glasgow, Vono