Titwood Parish Church photographed by Duncan Brown in the 1890s.
This was the first church designed by H E Clifford and was built 1893-1895 in Glencairn Drive. The church was dismantled and moved to Meikelrig Crescent in Pollok between 1951 and 1953 and renamed St James' (Pollok) Parish Church. The move was a major undertaking, with each stone carefully numbered so that the church could be rebuilt exactly on the new site. St James' opened its doors to the people of Pollok on 3 September 1953.
Duncan Brown (1819-1897) was a talented amateur photographer whose work documents aspects of Glasgow life from the 1850s until the 1890s.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow School of Art Archive
Church of Scotland, churches, photographers, St James' (Pollok) Parish Church, Titwood Parish Church