Workers with their shuttles at Marquis Street Weaving Factory, c 1890.
This factory was built in 1866 for J & P Wilson, lappet and muslin manufacturers, and was also known as Wilson's Cotton Mill. The building was extended in 1895, 1901 and 1905. Marquis Street, which no longer exists, lay to the south of London Road near Queen Mary Street.
Reference: 1360.87.150 / PP.1986.190
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
cotton mills, fashions, J & P Wilson, Marquis Street Weaving Factory, muslin manufacturers, shuttles, textile workers, weavers, Wilson's Cotton mill, women