Children enjoying a meal at the Bridgeton Child Welfare Centre and Day Nursery in Sister Street (now Orr Street), 21 Oct 1925.
This nursery was built in 1924, and was officially opened by the Prime Minister, Stanley Baldwin, in 1925. It was the first of several similar facilities in Glasgow dedicated to improving the health and welfare of children.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
Bridgeton Child Welfare Centre and Day Nursery, catering assistants, child welfare centres, children, health care, meals, nurseries, nurses, women