An open-topped tram procession at St Andrew's Cross, heading south from Eglinton Street along Victoria Road c 1905. The procession is accompanied by firemen and a stuffed elephant named Sunny Jim, on loan from Pettigrew and Stephen's department store.
The church in the centre distance (at the junction of Victoria Road and Pollokshaws Road) was the Victoria United Free Church, which opened as the Victoria Free Church in 1864. It was destroyed by fire in 1929.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
children, churches, crowds, department stores, firemen, fires, open-topped trams, Pettigrew & Stephen, processions, stuffed elephants, Sunny Jim, tenements, Victoria Free Church, Victoria United Free Church, women