A prize-winning cake, 1893.
This ornately-decorated cake won the first prize at an exhibition at the Trades Hall on 26 and 27 June, 1893. The winner of the £10 prize was Andrew B Keir of Holm Street in Anderston.
The Trades Hall in Glassford Street was built in the 1790s for Glasgow's Trades' House, a confederation of the city's trades. The Incorporation of Bakers is one of the fourteen member crafts.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
bakers, cakes, competitions, crafts, exhibitions, Incorporation of Bakers, Trades Hall, Trades House