A parade celebrating the opening of the Jewish Scout Hall in Queen's Drive, Sunday 1 June, 1958.
The Jewish community on the South Side of Glasgow had put a great deal of time and effort into raising funds for the 93rd (Norman) Boy Scout Group's new scout hall and organised a great celebration for its opening. Scouts, guides, brownies and cubs took part in the parade. There was also a service at Langside Synagogue in Niddrie Road before the Colour Party and Officiants proceeded to the new hall, followed by the congregation. A mezuzah was affixed to the hall entrance and the hall itself consecrated, before being officially opened. A reception followed, with speeches given on behalf of the Scout Movement, Glasgow Corporation (which had donated the land) and the Parents and Finance Committee.
Reproduced with the permission of the Scottish Jewish Archives Centre
93rd (Norman) Boy Scout Group, Boy Scouts, children, flags, Glasgow Corporation, Jewish Scout Hall, Jews, kilts, Langside Synagogue, opening ceremonies, Scout Halls