A semi-detached house in Cowdenhill Road, Knightswood.
In 1921 Glasgow Corporation bought farmland around Knightswood from the Summerlee Iron Co, and set about building a garden suburb. Building work was carried out over three phases, 1923-1926, 1926-1931 and 1931-1940s. A variety of cottages and cottage flats (both terraced and semi-detached) were constructed, as well as civic amenities such as schools, churches, a park and a community centre.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
council houses, garden suburbs, Glasgow Corporation, housing, housing estates, housing schemes, semi-detached houses, Summerlee Iron Co