Tenements at Anniesland Cross photographed for Glasgow Corporation's Sanitary Department, late 1930s.
These tenements were built by Glasgow Corporation between 1937 and 1942 on either side of Great Western Road to the west of Anniesland Cross. In all, 433 flats were constructed and rapidly became some of the most sought-after lets in the city. The flats belonged to the "Ordinary" category of new Corporation housing and rents were set at levels affordable to skilled working class and white collar tenants.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
balconies, council houses, housing estates, housing schemes, Ordinary, tenements