Deer in Elder Park c 1910.
In 1883 Isabella Elder purchased 37 acres of ground on Govan Road opposite the Fairfield shipyard and commissioned John Honeyman to lay out a park there. She presented Elder Park to the Burgh of Govan in 1885. One of the park's popular features was a deer enclosure. A llama was the star attraction in the park's small zoo.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
deer, Elder Park, parks, zoos