The Govan Ferry and Harland & Wolff's workshops at Water Row in Govan, looking south-west, post-1914.
The company's workshops on Water Row were designed by Sir William Arrol & Co and built 1914-1915 using steel columns and roof trusses and with terracotta brick-faced walls. The stocks at the western end of the firm's shipyard are visible on the left. The passenger ferry that crossed between Govan and Pointhouse is in mid-stream on its way to Water Row.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
cranes, ferries, Govan Ferry, Harland & Wolff, passenger ferries, quays, River Clyde, shipbuilders, shipbuilding, shipyards, Sir William Arrol & Co, steam ferries, workshops