Govan Police and Fire Station in Albert Street (now Orkney Street), late 19th century.
This building was originally Govan Town Hall, constructed in 1867, and housed the burgh's municipal offices. In 1899 a new Town Hall was completed in Govan Road (it was officially opened in 1901) and the Albert Street building became the police station and fire station, with the public hall converted to serve as a courtroom.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
courtrooms, fire stations, Govan Fire Station, Govan Police Station, Govan Town Hall, municipal buildings, police courts, police stations, public halls