The entrance to Govan Fire Station in Russell Street off Orkney Street, 1920s or 1930s.
The fire station was located at the rear of Govan Town Hall, which was built in Albert Street (subsequently renamed Orkney Street) in 1867 and contained all the council offices. The fire and police services remained in the old building when the new Town Hall opened in Summerstown Road in 1899. By 1905 the Govan brigade also operated from a sub-station at Plantation.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
fire appliances, fire engines, fire fighters, fire pumps, fire stations, firemen, Govan Burgh Hall, Govan Fire Brigade, Govan Fire Station, Govan Town Hall, lamp posts