The interior of Langside Synagogue from the upper gallery, c 1980s.
Langside Synagogue was established in Langside Road in 1915. The current building in Niddrie Road was designed by the architects Jeffrey Waddell & Young in a Romanesque style and the foundation stone laid on 2 May 1926. The synagogue came into use the following year and in 2004 it is home to the Langside Hebrew Congregation.
Reproduced with the permission of the Scottish Jewish Archives Centre
Jeffrey Waddell & Young, Jews, Langside Hebrew Congregation, Langside Synagogue, synagogues