Girl Guides outside Garnethill Synagogue in the 1930s, carrying a Union Jack and a company banner. The girls are wearing the uniform introduced when the Girl Guides were formed in 1910. It consisted of a jersey and neckerchief of the Company colour, together with a blue skirt and stockings. A stiff-brimmed navy blue felt hat was introduced in 1911.
Reproduced with the permission of the Scottish Jewish Archives Centre
banners, flags, Garnethill Synagogue, Girl Guides, girls, Jews, synagogues, uniforms, women