Springburn District Fire Brigade, 1890s.
Springburn Fire Station was located at 321 Springburn Road from 1893 until 1987. The horse-drawn steamer shown here was in use from 1895 until it was replaced with a Merryweather motor pump in 1906.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
fire engines, fire fighters, fire pumps, fire steamers, firemen, Glasgow Fire Brigade, Glasgow Fire Service, horses, Merryweather motor pumps, Springburn District Fire Brigade, Springburn Fire Station