Phoenix Park looking east to Buchanan's Confectionery Works in Cowcaddens, c 1940s. Garscube Road is on the right, by the trees.
John Buchanan & Bros founded these works in 1869 on a site which had previously been occupied by Motherwell & Lapsey's nailworks. New buildings were added as the business expanded, and the tall chimney was built in 1905 at a cost of £300. The buildings were demolished in 1967.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
Buchanan's Confectionery Works, chimneys, confectioners, factories, John Buchanan & Bros, Motherwell & Lapsey, parks, Phoenix Park, sweets