Buildings in the Gallowgate, c 1890. The two smaller buildings, one with a nepus or tympan gable, date from the 17th or 18th centuries. They are dwarfed by more modern buildings on either side. The shops include a wholesale leather warehouse and a pastry baker. Tram tracks can be seen running along the middle of the road.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
gables, lamp-posts, leather suppliers' shops, pastry bakers' shops, tenements, tram tracks