The view from the tower of the Seaman's Mission in Brown Street, looking east along the Broomielaw towards the first Central Station Bridge, late 19th century. The four-track railway bridge was erected in 1878. A second bridge carrying thirteen railway tracks was erected alongside it in 1905 and the bridge deck of the original was removed in 1967, leaving its the granite piers standing in the river.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
bridges, Central Station Bridge, cranes, Glasgow Harbour, quays, River Clyde, Seaman's Home, Seaman's Mission, towers