The Ellipse Gallery at the Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA) in Queen Street.
GOMA is in a magnificent building erected as a town house for the "Tobacco Lord" William Cuninghame between 1778-1780. It was later enlarged and converted to serve as the Royal Exchange and later still became the home of Stirling's Library. The gallery opened in 1996.
The oval balcony and skylight shown here belong to the oldest part of the building.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
art galleries, balconies, Ellipse Gallery, exchanges, galleries, Gallery of Modern Art, GOMA, modern art, Royal Exchange, skylights, tobacco lords, tobacco merchants, town houses