The open-air gymnasium on Glasgow Green, c 1900.
The gymnasium was gifted in 1860 by Mr D G Flemming, a Manchester-based merchant who was originally from Glasgow. It was situated near the Humane Society House. Other activities such as boxing often took place nearby.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
boxing, boys, children, exercise, Glasgow Green, open-air gymnasia, open-air gymnasiums, parks, physical fitness