Granny Robertson's cottages and inn, Cathcart, c 1890s.
Jane Robertson ran the inn which was also known as "The Wee Thatched Hoose in the Glen." The two-storied white-washed house stood at the end of a row of cottages in Snuffmill Road. There was a horse-drawn omnibus service between the city and the inn from the 1870s until 1894. The building was demolished during the 1890s and Nos 9 and 11 Snuffmill Road now occupy the spot where it once stood.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
children, crow-stepped gables, Granny Robertson's cottages, Granny Robertson's Inn, inns, omnibuses, public houses, pubs, taverns, thatched cottages, The Wee Thatched Hoose in the Glen, women