The Scottish Exhibition of National History, Art and Industry was held in Kelvingrove Park in 1911. This photograph, taken from the University of Glasgow, shows construction work under way prior to the opening. The building representing the old Bishop's Castle dominates the foreground.
The impressive facades of the town houses on Park Terrace and Park Quadrant can be seen through the smog in the background. The River Kelvin is in the foreground.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
Bishop's Castle, Bishop's Palace, exhibitions, Kelvingrove Park, parks, River Kelvin, Scottish Exhibition of National History, Art and Industry, Scottish National Exhibition, 1911