A class certificate of proficiency issued by the St Andrew's Ambulance Association to Jessie Anderson, 1917.
The St Andrew's Ambulance Association was founded in 1882 to provide first aid and an ambulance service to victims of sudden illnesses or accidents. The service was free to people in Glasgow and was provided by volunteers such as Jessie Anderson, who were fully trained by the Association.
Reference: PP.1977.66.143 / SP.2002.23
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
ambulance work, class certificates, first aid, paramedics, St Andrew's Ambulance Association, women