An invitation to the opening of Ruchill Hospital in June 1900. The illustration on the cover is of Balmoral Castle, not the hospital!.
In 1891 the boundaries of Glasgow were extended to include Ruchill, and the Corporation purchased land there for a new hospital for infectious diseases. Ruchill Hospital was designed by the City Engineer A B McDonald and was opened in 1900 by Princess Christian, a daughter of Queen Victoria.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
Balmoral Castle, fever hospitals, infectious diseases hospitals, hospitals, luncheon invitations, luncheons, opening ceremonies, openings, Ruchill Hospital